We were cleaning a restaurant with a brass foot rest. We tried a bunch of metal cleaners and my mom recommended Bar Keepers Friend. It was amazing and the foot rest looked brand new.
Bar Keepers Friend is amazing for:
- Removing coffee and water stains from stainless steel and chrome
- Removing many hard water deposits from toilets and sinks
- See more
There are a few precautions and rules to follow:
- It’s a powder that you will mix with water and make a paste – DON’T LET IT DRY ON THE SURFACE or SIT FOR LONGER THAN A MINUTE
- Protect your hands, clothes, and other fabrics you don’t want ruined. Whatever towel we use when cleaning with BKF, we usually throw away after.
- DON’T USE ON: Gold, silver, pewter, marble, lacquered metals, or anodized aluminum
Where to Buy Bar Keepers Friend
Most stores that have cleaning supplies carry Bar Keepers Friend and it’s in a gold can. It’s often under $2 which is an unbelievable deal. I would pay $15 per can!